Caring for your Gourd Art Peice
My gourd art pieces have been sealed with acrylic sealer to protect and
enhance their beauty and longevity. To further protect these art pieces, you
must protect then as well.
Below is a list of do's and don''don'ts to assure that your gourd pieces last a
1. Avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight.
2. Some of my vases have been water proofed and you can put cut
flowers in them, (I will tell you when a piece has been water
proofed). When displaying cut flowers or plants in a container
that has not been water proofed, use a glass container of plastic
saucer to protect your gourd container from moisture.
3. Your gourd pieces may be cleaned with a soft cloth and furniture
polish or they may be wiped with a mild soap and water cloth,
rinsed, and then dried toughly. If you purchase a peice that is
waxed just use a damp cloth to clean the surface of gourd.
4. If you purchased a salad bowl/container, clean the inside with
mild soap and water, make sure that you dry the inside real good
and making sure that the out side is also dry.
NOTE: If you use your bowl as a salad bowl, put the salad
dressing on at the last minute and clean your bowl
with soap and water within a reasonable time after
the meal, making sure that you dry the bowl real well.
5. DO NOT submerge your gourd into water. This will damage the
gourds finish. Always hand wash your gourd bowl. Make sure
that you dry totally.